Elliance is looking for a talented Web Developer to assist with the development and implementations of our client projects. We are seeking a smart professional who loves challenges, is passionate about technology, and is a natural team player.
- Build and deploy websites in various content management systems. Typical challenges include content analysis and defining content types/relationships and view logic to render them; complex navigation structures; custom site search solutions; mini applications; catalog sites.
- Fix bugs and support existing projects.
- Help improve development tools and infrastructure.
- Able to switch between multiple languages on a daily basis, including PHP and C#.
- 1+ years professional experience with either C#/.Net or object oriented PHP, or equivalent.
- Be language agnostic and willing to work in and learn any language, such as NodeJS, Go, and R.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or Subversion.
- Experience with build-tools such as Gulp and Grunt.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical equivalent.
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs and libraries.
- Understanding of XML/Xpath and JSON In depth understanding of all pieces of a web stack and how they work together.
- Experience with content management systems specially any of Drupal, WordPress, Umbraco, Hannon Hill Cascade Server.
- Passion for problem-solving and elegant solutions.
- Understanding of how common internet protocols work (HTTP, FTP, DNS, SMTP, etc.)
- Able to support and work with systems build on both Microsoft and LAMP stacks.
- You read up on, and experiment with, new technologies because it's in your nature.
- Able to work with a team of front-end developers, designers, information architects, strategists and others.
- You don't just learn how things work; you have native curiosity to learn why.